I mean, it's not like I'm trying to learn anything about the athletic sphere... I honestly couldn't care much less about the rules and plays and scorekeeping that goes on for specific "seasons" (which, I may add, have nothing to do with actual seasons at all), and the whole fuss and bother about what are essentially games (they are, people!) totally weirds me out. Seriously, I can't see huge masses of people getting into riots or blowing their life savings over a hand of Go Fish or Hangman. The hype seems to take away from the true love of the game, the enjoyment the players have for it, and the unity it brings to the audience. I have yet to find a crowd of kids playing ball hockey on the street since I was pounding pavement, and the baseball diamonds and soccer fields lie abandoned when organized groups aren't booked to play. Given the stress and pressure placed on the players, its a wonder that anyone gets into sports at all. I guess that now the allure is now all monetary - and lets face it, money speaks volumes.
1 egg, beaten
1 tbsp 1% milk
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup panko
1 tbsp coarse cornmeal
- Slice the cheese into 8 even "sticks", set aside.
- Beat the egg with the milk, salt and paprika in a bowl. Whisk together panko and cornmeal in a shallow dish.
- Dip cheese in egg, then into toasted bread crumbs, tossing to coat completely.
- Re-dip into the egg and panko mixtures.
- Place coated sticks on baking sheet 1 1/2" apart.
- Mist lightly with cooking spray.
- Bake 6-8 minutes. Let cool slightly before serving.
- Can be frozen after baking - bake from frozen at 350F for 15 minutes.
Amount Per Serving
Calories: 97.6Total Fat: 5.2 g
Cholesterol: 39.6 mg
Sodium: 151.2 mg
Total Carbs: 4.3 g
Dietary Fiber: 0.2 g
Protein: 8.2 g