My sister carved two pumpkins for Hallowe'en two weekends back, since she wouldn't be here to carve with the rest of us and she was making up for a couple years without a pumpkin at all (oh the joys of being away at school). Last weekend, the rest of us popped over to a local farm to pick out our own gourds, and with four of them hollowed out we had a plethora of seeds! Being the
|Little sister did a zombie pumpkin and a Cheshire cat-like one|
I'm passing these on to Gluten Free Fridays, Foodie Fridays, Frugal Food Thursdays, and Gluten Free Mondays. Enjoy, and Happy Hallowe'en!
|My pumpkin, little miss Dishy|
Gingerbread Pumpkin Seeds
Makes 2 cups, 8 (1/4-cup) servings
2 cups pumpkin seeds, cleaned
1 tsp canola oil
1 tbsp coarse raw sugar
1/4 tsp sea salt
pinch white pepper
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Soak seeds overnight in cool water. Drain well.
- Preheat oven to 325 F and line a baking sheet with foil or parchment.
- Toss the seeds, oil, sugar, salt, pepper, ginger, nutmeg and cinnamon together in a bowl until the seeds are well coated.
- Spread the seeds out in one layer on the baking sheet.
- Bake 10 minutes, then stir and bake a further 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and pour into a bowl to cool.
Total Fat: 3.7 g
Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
Sodium: 92.0 mg
Total Carbs: 10.1 g
Dietary Fiber: 2.3 g
Protein: 3.0 g