That's why I was so happy with these miniature bites of flourless chocolate indulgence that were inspired by Chocolate Covered Katie's infamous blondies and Barefoot Baker's cocoa version of them. These gluten free, vegan mini cakes are dark, dense and rich - just sweet enough, with a touch of fruity elegance from my homemade cherry jam. I chose to make the flavour more "complex" than "sugary" by combining xylitol, stevia, glycerin and brown sugar in with the flavourful coconut oil, nutty quinoa and hearty, creamy adzuki beans. These are really rich, so a tiny piece satisfies!
The #SundaySupper Group has some super fantastic recipes for this week! Tons of savory cheese dishes, wonderful cakes and amazing cheesecakes!
- Garlic and Goat by Supper for a Steal
- Quick and Easy Homemade Cottage Cheese by The Meltaways
- Homemade Velveeta Cheese by Juanitas Cocina
- Cheesy Spinach and Artichoke Dip with Parmesan Crisps by BigBearsWife
- Irish Cheese Soufflés by girlichef
- Paneer Tikka Masala by Kimchi Mom
- Creamy Meyer Lemon Pasta with Homemade Ricotta and Broccoli by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Ricotta Croquettes by Basic N Delicious
- Cheeseburger Soup by Dinners Dishes and Desserts
- Cherry Blossom Crescents by The Ninja Baker
- Saag Paneer! Golden Roasted Ricotta In Savory Spinach Sauce by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Sourdough Cheese Crackers by Curious Cuisiniere
- Basil Balsamic Strawberries & Whipped Feta Grilled Cheese by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Lox and Cream Cheese Mini Omelettes by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Buffalo Cream Cheese Stuffed Chicken by In The Kitchen With KP
- Baked Mozzarella Sticks by Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Paneer Indian Cottage Cheese Pancake by Masala Herb
- Crepes with Strawberry Mascarpone Cream Filling by Soni’s Food
- Roasted Pears with Pecorino by Happy Baking Days
- Pan-Fried Halloumi Cheese Salad by The Catholic Foodie
- Chevre Torte with Mango and Sweet Pepper Salsa by Noshing with the Nolands
- Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting by Hezzi D’s Books & Cooks
- Sour Cream Chocolate Chip Cake by Gourmet Drizzles
- Dairyfree Ice Cream Cake by Galactosemia in PDX
- KitKat Chocolate Cake by The Urban Mrs.
- Old Fashioned Caramel Cake by There and Back Again
- Peanut Butter Banana Bundt Cake with Chocolate Chips by Gotta Get Baked
- Flourless Chocolate Bean Cake by Vintage Kitchen
- Dense Chocolate Cherry Cake by What Smells So Good?
- Tequila Lime Cupcakes by Mama Mommy Mom
- Almond Polenta Cake by Shockingly Delicious
- Salmon Cakes by Family Foodie
- Banana Split Bundt Cake with Chocolate Glaze by NeighborFood
- Kit Kat Cheesecake Brownies by Chocolate Moosey
- Reese’s Chocolate Peanut Butter Bundt Cake by Daily Dish Recipes
- Nutella Cheesecake Brownies by The Foodie Army Wife
- Individual Strawberry and White Chocolate Cheesecakes by Small Wallet Big Appetite
- Grasshopper Cheesecake Bars by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chocolate Covered Cherry Cheesecake by Magnolia Days
- Mini Toddler Cherry Cheesecakes by In the Kitchen with Audrey and Maurene
- Mocha Cheesecake by The Lovely Pantry
- Lime Cheesecake Bites by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- No-Bake Banana Sundae Cheesecake by The Messy Baker
- Mini Raspberry Cheesecakes with White Chocolate Crusts by Cupcakes and Pearls
- Savory Shrimp Cheesecake with Herbs and Garlic by Food Lust People Love
- Cheesecake au Baileys by Baker Street
- Tiny Turtle Cheesecakes (No Bake) by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Mini Cheesecakes by Cookistry
- Chocolate Cheesecake Bites by Mom, What’s For Dinner?
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter each Sunday. We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. This week we will be sharing our love of Cheese, Cakes AND Cheesecakes! Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm EST - just follow the #SundaySupper hash tag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Don't forget to check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos too!
Dense Chocolate Cherry Cakes
Makes two 4” cakes, serves 8
125g dried adzuki beans, soaked overnight, cooked and cooled (about 250g cooked)
50g black quinoa, well cooked and cooled
2 tbsp cherry jam (ahem, homemade), or your favourite berry jam
1 tbsp virgin coconut oil
1/2 cup quinoa flakes
3 tbsp cocoa powder
2 tbsp tapioca starch
1/2 tbsp agar flakes
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
3 tbsp xylitol (or 5 Xylitol+ packets)
1 tbsp vegetable glycerin
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 dropper (about 1 mL) liquid stevia
- Preheat oven to 350F, grease and line two 4" springform pans.
- Combine all the ingredients in a food processor and puree smooth.
- Spread into the pans and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Cool 30 minutes in the pans before unmoulding.
Total Fat: 3.0 g
Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
Sodium: 5.0 mg
Total Carbs: 29.9 g
Dietary Fiber: 4.7 g
Protein: 5.3 g