At any rate, I had this mix in my hot little hands and a Dessert Challenge idea formulating. This month's these was Maple & Pears, and since I had some perfect, firm red pears on hand I knew they'd be a player. I always loved pear and apple crisps, especially with raisins or dried cranberries, so I jazzed up the relatively plain oatmeal base with the pear, maple extract, a handful of organic raisins and a (big) handful of dark chocolate chips - everything is better with chocolate! A sprinkle of maple sugar on top of each cookie before baking added an extra layer of rich sweetness too. The result? A fast, lunchbox-friendly treat that is anything but a boring old "box-mix" cookie!
Oatmeal Cookies with Fall Fruit
Makes 24 large cookies
450g Quaker® Oatmeal Cookie Mix (1/2 pkg)
1/4 cup Amoré Almonds + Dairy
1 tsp maple extract
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup sultana raisins
1/3 cup miniature dark chocolate chips
1 large red-skinned pear, diced (no need to peel)
2 tbsp maple sugar, for topping
- Preheat the oven to 375F and line two baking sheets with parchment.
- Combine cookie mix, Amoré, maple extract and vanilla in a large bowl, mixing to combine well.
- Fold in the raisins, chocolate chips and pear.
- Scoop onto the cookie sheets and sprinkle with the maple sugar.
- Bake for 14-15 minutes. Cool completely on the sheets.
Total Fat: 3.8 g
Cholesterol: 0.1 mg
Sodium: 90.1 mg
Total Carbs: 17.5 g
Dietary Fiber: 1.1 g
Protein: 1.5 g